Hi

I too noticed the high cpu usage by spamdyke in the 4.0.5 version.
Like 6 or 7 spamdyke processes running at 100% cpu on a dual
quad-core...

Interesting enough, I noticed not all spamdyke did go 100%, only those
that had some kind of attachment, a gif, jpg, a signature, whatever,
encoded in base64. The message does finish successfully and life goes
on, but I started having some slowdown complaints, and after this
first post to the list, I saw I had the same issue.

If you strace the process while it is hanging at high cpu, you'll see
a lot of Timeouts mixed with reads and writes of what seems to be the
content of the base64 attachment.

Then I tried changing output from my normal verbose operation to
excessive, and enabled full-log-dir, but just as I did that, cpu usage
fell down, and clients started getting smtp error messages containing
chunks of spamdyke's excessive output.

I'm running spamdyke on a rhel5.

Cheers

Arthur