Thank you, Sam.  spamdyke is a wonderful spam blocker!

On 11/23/2013 2:43 PM, Sam Clippinger wrote:
For what it's worth, I agree.  Graylisting was designed to stop spam coming from spambots on infected home PCs -- because they're not "real" mail servers, they won't retry their deliveries.  But the rDNS and blacklist filters seem to stop almost all deliveries from home PCs these days, so graylisting almost becomes redundant.  (It's always fascinated me that the authors of those spambots didn't implement a retry feature -- it would have been so simple to do...)

It seems to me the most "effective" spam these days is coming from compromised email accounts -- a spammer gets someone's password and pumps thousands of messages through their mail server with the user's credentials.  I've added some additional filters to spamdyke's next version to limit allowed sender addresses after authentication -- the address can be required to exactly match the authentication username or just the domain can be required to match.

Next version coming Real Soon Now(tm)! :)

-- Sam Clippinger