Alan Cox wrote:
> 
> >       The major problem I had with linux was that I couldn't find a linux
> > window manager, save TWM, that seemed at all 256-color friendly. the
> > window manager would always be using too many colors, or whatever, and
> 
> Three suggestions straight off:
>         icewm
>         wmx  (for minimalists)
>         enligtenment

        I've heard good things about icewm, it's been recommended to me by a
number of fellow OS/2 users. As i remember i ran into trouble compiling
it, and gave up. I could try again. As an OS/2 user, I'd sure like
Stardock to make an Object Desktop for X, but i don't see it happening. 

        wmx I did play with. It uses opaque drags, which sorta slowed things
down what with this being an IPC with a CGThree. Other than that I
thought it was sorta cool.

> Also of course
>         olvwm

        I never figured out how to get ahold of olvwm, but it's definately
worth a shot. 
 
> It may seem odd to include enlightenment but the current one loaded with a
> sane theme is fairly friendly on memory usage and enlightenment does
> dithering and sensible colour management

        Cool. I tried englightenment last with v .11 or something, and it was
before I was dedicated to hacking around with linux. I may look into it. 

 - Eric
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to