Don't forget to include UltraPenguin 1.1 in your list!
It increased the overall performance of my IPC with 50% compared with
redhat 4.2 (2.0.x)!
You'll have to work some extra magic to get a tftp bootable image,
but please mail me (or Jacub) directly for that.
Regards,
Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>
> I've tried both RedHat 4.2/sparc and OpenBSD 2.3/sparc on an IPC.
>
> Unfortunately, in 2.0.x implementations, linux and sun4c machines don't
> seem to get along very well. That's too bad. 2.2 isn't that far off tho,
> and if you're adventurous, 2.1 kernels are said to be quite fast. The
> problem you will experience is a marked slowdown in userspace over time.
> It's said to be problems in the MMU.
>
> [....]
>
> In the end? I'm not sure what I'll do. an IPC is only so useful. I also
> have a copy of SunOS 4.1.3 here but I'm not sure if it's worth bothering
> with. I'm not sure if the whole thing is worth bothering with.
>
> If I were to toss the IPCs and buy LX boxes to go with the 17" monitors
> and whatnot, then it might be a different story, but these are old
> machines we're dealing with.
>
> - Eric
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
> the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Karel van Houten
----------------------------------------------------------
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better."
I can't understand why it won't work on my Linux computer.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]