I'm having trouble with the 'lack of readable disk label' problem on a
boot a floppy. I was wondering if there is mkfs for ufs so I can make a
boot floppy it likes, or if sysV fs will work and if so is there a
mkfs.sysv tool out there.
Another problem I have stems from ignorance of solaris.
I would format under solaris except I'm not sure which device file is my
scsi floppy id=5. I thought it was /dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s5, but when I try a
fdformat of that device it says it's mounted use the -U option. Well
the -U option doesn't work either and when I try to umount it tells me
it's not mounted? does anybody know which device file it is, or have url
with the logic behind the solaris device file naming so that I could
figure it out?
Rick
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]