On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Vincent Cojot wrote:

> A SS20 sees 320mb and 192mb of RAM just fine but with a 256MB
> configuration, Linux only sees 200MB (yes, 205000k) whereas Solaris sees
> 256MB. The SIMMS have been changed, the memory slots tried alternatively
> but with 8*32mb I still get 200mb under RH5.1, RH5.2 and 2.2.5 from
> UltraPenguin-1.1.9. Any idea what's going on?

I'm sorry that I can't give more help, but I can say that I remember 
Solaris having the exact same problem with the early revs of 2.3 (fixed 
with a kernel patch soon after release).  Someone at Sun should know what 
they fixed.

I seem to remember some subtle bug in the memory controller with a full 
complement of 32mb SIMMs that had to be worked around.  I'll check my notes.

-- 
James D. Lockwood                    The (former) Getty Information Institute
System Administrator                       1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 300
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                Los Angeles, CA 90049-1680
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to