Carlos,

Unless I don't understand how XPRESS currently runs, I don't believe it
will work on your separate light and heavy searches.  This doesn't explain
the failure to run error but it's worth mentioning up front.  XPRESS
expects a variable modification to denote the difference between your
"light" peptides and your "heavy" peptides.  I would suggest you run the
search as follows:  add static modifications n-terminus and lysine for
light dimethyl and add variable modifications of 6.03 to both n-terminus
and lysine.  This way, you do a single search and identify both heavy and
light at once in a format compatible with XPRESS.  I believe you should be
able to use ASAPRatio with your separate searches but I've not paid enough
attention to that tool to be able to answer your question on how to set its
options.  If no one chimes in soon, search the archives of this group.

The failure to run XPRESS likely is associated with the error "Unknown file
type. No file loaded." which I'm guessing means the corresponding spectral
data (in say mzXML or mzML format) is not recorded in the .tandem.pep.xml
files as the TPP expects.  So it doesn't know what it is and can't read the
spectral data.  When naming conventions are not followed strictly, things
tend to fall apart.  Your <basename>.tandem.pep.xml file names worry me a
bit as the standard convention is <basename>.pep.xml.  Go ahead and send me
one of your .tandem.pep.xml files directly (or make it available for me to
download somehow) and I'll take a look as I suspect there could be an issue
with the "base_name" attributes.  And tell me what your Tandem xml files
are named.

Unless other Tandem/TPP experts chime in otherwise, try sticking to the
following naming convention:

Tandem file named:  1F0.xtan.xml
pep.xml file named:  1F0.pep.xml (with "base_name" attribute value "1F0" or
some variant of that i.e. "./1F0")
mzXML file named:  1F0.mzXML

- Jimmy