Hi all,

I have a question about FDR estimation for protein identification (using
reversed decoy database together with target database in a single file).

I can estimate the probability threshold for peptides to get for example 1%
FDR. My question is how to use this peptide probability threshold for
protein identification? Do I have to filter out peptides below the
probability threshold before ProteinProphet analysis(how?)? Or do I have to
run ProteinProphet, then filter out peptides below the threshold and then
estimate FDR for proteins? Or just etimate FDR on the protein level? What
is the right way ?

This is probably a silly question but I am confused about information I
found in different papers, sometimes there are FDR estimations on the
protein level only, sometimes there are FDR for peptides only and sometimes
one can found info like „FDRs for both peptides and proteins were x%“.

Thank you

Pavel