Hi,

I'm trying to generate a prot.xml file from 120 interact.ipro.pep.xml
files. There seems to be some numerical limit on ProteinProphet as when I
try to add all the ipro files the system immediately returns an error 256
code. If I choose a smaller number, say 10 ipro files, it goes to
completion. Is there some max number of files that can be combined with
ProteinProphet? Is there some way around this? It's an absolute requirement
for me to make a prot.xml file from this data.

I'm using TPP v 4.8.0 on aWin7 system, 64-bit, 64 GB RAM.

If this is a known problem, I guess I could just pool more pep.xml files
into each ipro file to reduce my overall number of files input into
ProteinProphet. I've got some very large interact.ipro.pep.xml that are
taking time to process into the prot.xml but that's to be expected.

Thanks,

Peter