Hello Peter,

There could be several things causing this.

1.  incomplete or corrupted iProphet pepXML.  Can you check the file sizes
and the closing tags to make sure that you files are complete?

2.  system limitation on the length of the command.  You can use
InteractParser with -W flag to combine your iProphet pepXMLs into one huge
pepXML file.

3. unknown bug

Can you check each of your iProphet pepXMLs to make sure that they are
complete first and check for any upstream error messages from your iProphet
runs?  Also iProphet works well when combining PeptideProphet results, can
you perhaps combine your PeptideProphet runs into a smaller number of
iProphet pepXMLs by grouping more of your PeptideProphet pepXMLs together
in iProphet before you run ProteinProphet?

Thanks,
-David