I don't know what "normalized intensity/peak area" of each peptide means in
this context but I can say that XPRESS doesn't do any normalization.  It
simply reports light area to heavy area ratios.  You'll have to do
adjustments after the fact i.e. centering the mean ratio to 1:1 if you
expect the bulk of your samples to be 1:1.