I thought I did.  Here's what I wrote regarding XPRESS:  It simply reports
light area to heavy area ratios.  You'll have to do adjustments after the
fact i.e. centering the mean ratio to 1:1 if you expect the bulk of your
samples to be 1:1.

If that doesn't answer your normalization question, please clarify.