I meant to add – we only have data for this field for less than half of the
exceptions.

From:  <spdx-legal-boun...@lists.spdx.org> on behalf of jlovejoy
<opensou...@jilayne.com>
Date:  Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 10:41 AM
To:  SPDX-Legal <spdx-legal@lists.spdx.org>
Subject:  extra field for license exceptions

Hi SPDX Legal,

The license exceptions have an “extra” field that we don’t use for the
licenses, which is “Example of Use”. I think this is from info we captured
when collecting exceptions to add to the list.

In the initial conversion to XML, this field didn’t quite make it.  We can
add it easily enough, but I’m wondering if it’s even necessary?

The description of this field (from Overview page:
https://spdx.org/spdx-license-list/license-list-overview) is as follows:

H) Example of Use
* For exceptions only, includes a URL to a specific open source licensed
package where this exception is used

So, what do you all think?
* add and thus, make a new XML tag for this
* Or drop?
Jilayne