On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 02:18:55PM -0700, J Lovejoy wrote:
> Information related to who, when, how, why a license or exception
> was requested to be added is maintained here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11AKxLBoN_VXM32OmDTk2hKeYExKzsnPjAVM7rLstQ8s/edit?pli=1#gid=695212681
> for purposes of tracking while a license is under review.  Once it’s
> added to the list, it’s added.  We have never included any such
> information related to the original request to add in any of the
> fields that make up the SPDX License List, and I don’t see any
> reason to start now. ??

Because the original request includes the “Example of Use” information
you're currently putting in the ‘extra’ field.  For example, the Open
CASCADE row includes links to both [1] (for the OCCT-PL license) and
[2] (for the OCCT-exception-1.0 exception) and both of those were in
the original mailing-list request [3].  Since the original request
contains *additional* information beyond the example consumers
(submission date, occasionally the license author, …), I think linking
to the submission thread is a better approach than linking to
examples.  That also gets you off the hook for maintaining these
consumer references, which presumably bit-rot after the initial
submission (although the Open CASCADE links still work at the moment).

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://www.opencascade.com/content/occt-public-license
[2]: https://www.opencascade.com/content/licensing