>> Expose your ideas to plenty of security experts and actively invite a
>> constructive type of bashing.

IMO, There's a big difference between honest/open technical debate and bashing.
Honest/open technical debate leads to consensus solutions (and running code) -
bashing is divisive and intended to cause harm.

IMHO, the podcast is an example of bashing, and not representative of an
open/honest technical discussion, but we each must decide for ourselves.

I've also made my opinion known to Dale Peterson as well, the host.
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6897264598605545472/?commentUrn=urn%3Ali%3Acomment%3A(activity%3A6897264598605545472%2C6897295042223177728)

My hope is that members of the defects initiative will adopt a professional,
respectful, collaborative and collegial technical debate to address  the open
issues that were identified during the DocFest.

Every proposed solution for V 2.3 should stand "under the arch" and microscope.

Thanks,

Dick Brooks

Never trust software, always verify and report! ™
http://www.reliableenergyanalytics.com
Email: d...@reliableenergyanalytics.com