--- In [email protected], "Gilles Roux"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I think it's possible to anticipate the orientation pattern with
> unconstrained centers, but since orienting them early is almost free,
> don't bother with it. And you get the same chance of generating a
> lucky case.
> 
> Oriented centers make fast recognition possible.
> When you choose to use one of the proposed optimizations, U/D centers
> go to F/B. But that's not a problem, since the orientation step is
> almost over.
> 
> Gilles.

I've now gotten a few in the 28.xx range, but they were simple cases.

Based on the number of moves you save, it looks like learning the
special optimizations for the 4 and 6 incorrect edge cases should come
first.

I suppose I should probably try to do that tomorrow, though, what with
work in 2.5 hours and all...

-Mike





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to