[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> #PROG NAMES
> MODPROBE=$usb-uhci
> KILL=$pppd#SYTEM DEPENDANT STUFF
   #Set them to 1 or 0
LOAD_USBCORE="not configured"
LOAD_USBINTERFACE="not configured"DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE
> PPP=$/usr/sbin/pppd
> MODEM_RUN=$/usr/local/bin/modem_run
> MOUNT=$/proc/bus/usb
> UMOUNT=$/proc/bus/usb
> IFCONFIG=$ppp0
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get the sysV-style script to work...but don't know what
> values to enter above.   If anyone has an example of what they entered,
> please post it and I'l be able to guess my values.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sorry but i had not enough time to write a doc for this SysV script. I
will try to explain you in a few lines how you can get this script to work.

1 -

First of all, you should get the latest one on the cvs...
# cvs
-d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/speedtch  login

(then just type enter)

# cvs -z3
-d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/speedtch co
speedtouch

2 -

Now we will configure the script. You have just to modify variables
which era initialized with "not configured" value, all other variables
must not be changed at all (as you can see, you've modified values you
didn't have to change :-)DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE

Take a look at this, i will take the example of a configuration where
usb has been compiled as modules and where there any other script that
loads usb modules before. We will set all values in order to get the
script to load usb modules,to load firmware, and establish pppoatm
connection.

For the usb modules we set those values :

Line 59

#SYTEM DEPENDANT STUFF
   #Set them to 1 or 0
LOAD_USBCORE=1                 #This forces the script to load usbcore
LOAD_USBINTERFACE=1            #This forces the script to load your
usb-interface module

Then we set n_hdlc loading 'on', this prevents from pppd error which
doesn't find tty-ldisc-13 (usual error):
LOAD_NHDLC=1

Now we will set a very important value, the default usb-interface module :)
I've programmed a little algorithm that tries  to find the usb-interface
by itself but when it fails it takes this default value... so if you set
well this value, adsl.sh will never try to load an usb-interface which
doesn't fit your system.
for uhci usb devices : DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE="uhci" or
DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE="usb-uhci"
for ohci devices : DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE="usb-ohci"

Now : USBMODULE=$DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE (simple way to initialize it :)

Finally, we set the firmware (or microcode) path
mine is : MICROCODE="/usr/share/speedtouch/mgmt.o"

To validate the script configuration, get back to the script beginning,
and set CONFIGURED=1

so your script will look like this :

[... script header etc  etc]

#Set this to 1 if you have configured the script
CONFIGURED=1

[... don't touch anything here]

#SYTEM DEPENDANT STUFF
   #Set them to 1 or 0
LOAD_USBCORE=1
LOAD_USBINTERFACE=1
LOAD_NHDLC=1
  #Set the name of your default usb interface
  #usb-uhci, uhci or usb-ohci
DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE="usb-uhci"

#VARIABLES
MAX_LOOP=60
USBMODULE=$DEFAULT_USBINTERFACE
VERBOSE=0
PEER="adsl"
   #Set the microcode path here
MICROCODE="/usr/share/speedtouch/mgmt.o"

[... the rest must be unchanged]