I'm using the speedtouch driver on a Mandrake 8.0 distribution without having
modified anything to the kernel (no patches). It rather works well once started,
but a few things keep bothering me:

1. This is a log of my startup procedure:
[root@localhost speedtouch-21062001]# ./adsl.sh start
Gotcha, I found your ADSL ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB modem!
best offset   6463 with probability  87%
best offset 532634 with probability 100%
BLOCK1 :    991 bytes   uploaded : OK
BLOCK2 :    511 bytes downloaded : OK
BLOCK3 : 526187 bytes   uploaded : OK
BLOCK4 :    511 bytes downloaded : OK
Reference     : 3EC 18607GCAB 01 (see under your modem box)
ADSL line is blocked?
ADSL line is synchronising
ADSL line is synchronising
received interrupts, len = 6
a1 00 01 00 00 00                               ......
ADSL line is up, downstream at 73400320 kbit/s, upstream at 8388608 kbit/s
ADSL link goes UP

after this I always get an extra message:
HDLC line discipline version 3.2, maxframe=4096

I then have to give a carriage return myself to get back my command prompt,
that's the first thing I think is strange: why does this line appear afterwards
and do I have to give a manual carriage return?

2. If you look at the downstream rate 73400320 kbps i.e. 9175040 kbyte/s i.e +/-
9 Mbyte/s , that value can not be true in my opinion, same for the upstream rate

3. I stop my system always as follows
log out as normal user
go to the terminal where I started the adsl-communication as root
and give the commands:
adsl.sh stop
killall modem_run
halt
five times out of ten (I have counted this during a few weeks), the systems fails
to umount cleanly the linux partition, this problem only occurs with the
speedtouch modem connected.

all suggestions to fine tune the system are welcome
hugo

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe