On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 12:30, Rob wrote:

> Hi all ... first steps on getting two modems working, and I hit a problem
> straight away.
>
> System is FreeBSD 4.3.   Downloaded latest speedtouch-1_0 driver.
>
> I have two speedtouch USB modems.  Both have worked fine on their own.
>
> I get the same problem with both modems plugged into the USB card on the
> PC, with just one on a powered hub, and with both on a powered hub.  It
> also doesn't matter which is which.
>
> Script runs
> /usr/local/bin/modem_run -v 1 -d /dev/ugen0 -f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o -m
> /usr/local/bin/modem_run -v 1 -d /dev/ugen1 -f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o -m

Well it looked ok up to BLOCK1. Looking over the code its waiting and
timeing out on the first read from the USB modem, however as your first
modem is still up I'm assuming the device selection code has worked ok.

Complete shot in the dark can you try running the second modem_run with
the -s option and extra verbosity (-v 2) and see what you get.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bennee.com/~alex/