Many thanks for the reply..

At 12:11 02/04/02 -0100, Alex Bennee wrote:

>Well it timed out earlier. Someone else on the list has had success with
>increasing the timeout value in the #defines
>
>64               #define CTRL_TIMEOUT 1000
>65               #define DATA_TIMEOUT 1000
>
>to 2000. It could be we are on the edge of a timeout value. Could you try
>modifying and recompiling and see if you get any improvment (say 2000 for
>the time being).

Will do...

>Looks like we need to check the API on the BSD version of the pusb library.
>Here I need to bow to a BSD expert. Any takers?

[snip]

> > It looks like this one fails here:
> > ioctl(3, USB_SET_ALTINTERFACE, 0xbfbff6c0) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid
> > argument)
> >
> > this is a call within pusb_set_interface  (in pusb-bsd.c)
> >
> > While I can fathom out C, I have no idea of the various system call
> > usage  particularly with regard to USB to be able to debug this.
>
>Man pages? I don't know the hereditary of the BSD USB codebase but it could
>just be the structure passed via the ioctl is out of sync with the kernel
>code. Time to browse the kernel code?

guess I'd better download it all .. been working off the generic kernel so
far.  It's no different, btw, on FreeBSD 4.5 release or the 4.5-stable
snapshot of 31st march.

I've subbed up to the bsd-usb list at yahoo, and posed a general question
to them.  However browsing through the archives I came across:
which refers to a bug: an ininitialised value "intf.config_index", in
usb_set_altinterface().   This subroutine seems to be included verbatim
within pusb-bsd.c (as pusb_set_altinterface() ) so I think maybe the same
fix is needed.  However there is no dev->config that I can see.  I'll have
a play with hard coding 1 and 2 (being the two config numbers referred to
elsewhere) and see what happens.

Will try all this when I can prise the 2nd modem back off my partner who's
shoved it straight into her WinXP PC "while you get it sorted" .. sigh ..

Thanks,

Rob.

>Alex
>www.bennee.com/~alex/

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe