Leonard den Ottolander ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>  Is there a way to check the frame length against the negotiated length, or
> do you just drop this check?

No, pppoa daemons are just sort of bridging pipe. It's just a dumb piece
of software: read data on one side, copy it to the other side.

I just dropped the test. See if it makes CRC problems appear again.

> >  - some  cleanup  concerning  the  effective  payload  used
>
> The way aal5_frame_from_atm_cells() is called probably needs checking. I
> am not sure if the use of unused_cells instead of lbuf is correct. Might
> just work for small frame sizes. Also it seems that currently lbuf is not
> used at all so if the use of unused_cells instead of lbuf is correct you
> might just drop all references to lbuf.

The lbuf usage is still  needed, it's the reading buffer. unused_cell is
just a pointer that keeps tracks of pppoa3 progress into the read buffer
if there are still ATM cells left in.

I have just a doubt about the case where:
 - num_bytes_read < 0

It seems  to me,  that this  case should be  checked and  invalidate the
unused_cell data.

>  Once again, this patch was not written by me, I just did some cleanup
> and separation of  functionality. I did not verify  all the details of
> its inner working, but can verify  that it fixes the CRC error problem
> I  saw   when  using  the  KQD6P2.eni  firmware   with  the  unpatched
> driver. But it definitely needs another check ;) .

Can you check if a test like this one hurst the CRC solving:
if (num_bytes_read<0) unused_cells = NULL;
after the pos = 0; statement.

--
Edouard Gomez