Hello all.

I'm having trouble getting the userspace driver to work in Mandrake 10.0
community with kernel 2.6.7 and 1.2-beta3 speedtouch driver.

Anyway here's the relevant part of the startup script:

[...]
modprobe tun
modem_run -v 1 -f /usr/local/lib/speedtouch_firmware_KQD6P2.eni -a
/usr/local/lib/speedtouch_firmware_KQD6P1.eni
sleep 10
pppoa3 -c -b -v 1 -vpi 0 -vci 35
adsl-start
[...]

as you can see i'm using ethernet bridging in pppoa3 and the rp-pppoe
package.

This setup works perfectly under kernel 2.4, but when I try it under 2.6
I get this message in the logs:

Sep  3 19:32:51 shadow modem_run[8111]: Another program/driver is
already accessing the modem (interface 2 cannot be claimed)...

I've already added speedtch to /etc/hotplug/blacklist, but it still
doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me how I can go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance.
Pedro

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part