Firstly, I apologise if I posted this twice - I first subscribed to the
mailing list yesterday but I can't find my original post anywhere.

About a week ago I upgraded my copy of Ubuntu (then 6.06, also known as
"Dapper") to the new version (6.10, also known as "Edgy").  Unfortunately,
my Speedtouch 330 modem was no longer working.  Although it's not silver
(it's black) it does seem to be revision 4 of the modem.   I downloaded a
new driver and followed the setup instructions that I found here:-

http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/ubuntu/index.html

Unfortunately however, I still can't connect to the internet.  The modem
LEDs flash exactly as described in the setup instructions but my browser
(Firefox) can't navigate to any web site.  I've checked that my login name &
password are correct.  I've entered the correct VC & VP numbers for the UK
(0 and 38).  Finally, I've tried re-installing both as PPPoE and PPPoATM.
Neither procedure works.

I found a log file called /var/log/syslog.  Although it's quite lengthy, I
can see that the 2 drivers (speedtch-1 and speedtch-2) appear to be loading
correctly.  However, further down the file, it says that no Speedtouch
device was found.  It's a standard USB modem.  No router is involved and
there's nothing else unusual.  Any ideas anyone?  Thanks.

John