On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Kevin Dunn <kgd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Below is how I how did it.  But on re-reading your question, I realize
> this is probably not exactly what you want - you can create a nested
> subsection, but you can't go back to a higher level section.

Your approach would be just fine for me, that's quite allright.  I can
put what I want in a subsection.  However, oddly enough it doesn't
work for me (I put your text verbatim in a file):

reST markup error:
/home/fperez/teach/py4science/book/wordfreqs.rst:14: (SEVERE/4)
Unexpected section title.

Also consider this
make: *** [latex] Error 1

Note that I had to revert to sphinx 0.6.2, because sphinx from hg
mangled my website when I rebuilt it (the sidebar disappeared) and I'm
under too much time pressure to debug the hg version right now.  If
you think this is the problem, then I'll stick to my prior approach
until I can debug what is wrong in the hg version of sphinx regarding
my disappearing sidebar.

Thanks again,