At 3:52am -0400 Sun, 01 Jul 2012, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2012-06-28, Kevin Hunter wrote:
ReST input                  Output
----------                  ------
``'''``                      "'
``\'''``,                    \"'
``'\''``,                    '\",
``''\'``,                    "\',
``'``\ ``'``\ ``'``          '''

It seems like the "beautifier" uses typographic quotes ('' -> “) even in
inline literals. This is either some setup problem at your site or a
Sphinx bug. Try to disable the quote conversion.

I actually appreciate the beautifier, and it's only for the latexpdf output. I think the issue is LaTeX interpreting it, and I don't know how (nor do I want in most other cases) to turn it off. What I have isn't ideal, but currently plays the nicest.

Thanks for the tip though. I didn't know the beautifier was even an option ...

Cheers,

Kevin