>It was a pre-recorded voice, but it didn't sound synthetic. It started
>with a random electronic tune, and the voice had a strange accent
>("KEE-loo, GAULF"); in fact, I originally thought she was saying "Zulu
>Golf"!

Hopla, that's interesting, because in the 80s also "Zulu Golf" was on. Here
in Europe you could hear it very often (so I also recorded it very often).

>I have the Conet CDs and will check the recording against that version
>when I find the cassette.

Yes, please do that, and the whole German Branch wishes you very much luck
and success (to underline it: "Sehr viel Glück und Erfolg") to find the
cassette(s)!!

>Yes, I have been recording numbers stations haphazardly since the late
>'70s
WOW!!

>and one of my recordings from the '80s has German numbers on it. I
>don't remember the designation, but it has the female voice that says
>"funnef" instead of "funf".
That's nothing special, cause almost all German speaking numbers stations
say "Funef". There are only less ones which said "Funf" (more exactly:
"Fünf"). - But what exactly is "haphazardly"?

>  I also have a recording that I was never
>able to identify; it has a male voice (pre-recorded) reading off numbers
>in Spanish.
>Could be V07, one part of the Russian network of numbers stations in Spanish.
>
>Since I'm already looking for that tape I mentioned last time, I'll put
>aside any other recordings of numbers stations that I find-- and if I
>find the German recording I'll let you know.
>Please do - I can't expect!

All the best to Christopher Gross, who must have a musical idole
("Christopher Cross"), known through songs like "Sailing", "New Yoru City"
or "All right", all hits from the 80s.

73

Jochen Kopf