I think it kind of overlooks something if we try to say that they
ususually do <whatever>.  They're engaged in research, so if they want to
see how the ionosphere reacts to repetetive patterns on 2750 kHz, they'll
do that.  If they want to see how the ionosphere reacts when they do
frequency hopping, they'll do that.

I heard them in October and November on 2750.  Twice it was rising tones
and the third time in November it was repetetive 'dits'.  Living in
Alaska, the signal is extremely strong as you might imagine.  I've never
received any other signal that pegged my signal strength meter.  :-)  I
QSL'd them via the email they list on their website and received no reply.

One thing the tin-foil hat squad seems to overlook is that if it was a
super-secret Government conspiracy to burn off the ionosphere (one of at
least a dozen outlandishly wacky claims), they wouldn't make any pictures
of the facility publicly available, and it certainly wouldn't have a
website or mailing address.

Mike