I am not sure to whom you directed your question to, but allow me answer.

A lot of terms when used in casual conversation rather than for their original
intend use, tend to get perverted.

Yes, "73" was originally part of the Phillips code and was in fact a numeric.

But no where, ANYWHERE, is it written that one should not use it in the pural
even if the literal translation would mean something like, "Best, Best Regards"
or what have you.

And, I believe, that fact that Maxim himself used it that way is indicative that
it is in fact, "OK", to be used in such a manner and has been for 100+ years
now.

73 - Bill KA8VIT

> On June 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM Ernie Rice <ranger2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Really? What difference does it make we all know what it means
>
> Ernie

Bill Chaikin, KA8VIT
USS COD Amateur Radio Club - W8COD
WW2 Submarine USS COD SS-224 (NECO)