Hi Bruno,

From: "bruno.decra...@orange.com<mailto:bruno.decra...@orange.com>"
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 5:43 PM
To: Pushpasis Sarkar, "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)"
Cc: Hannes Gredler, "spring@ietf.org<mailto:spring@ietf.org>", Isis-wg, Imtiyaz
Mohammad, "Clarence Filsfils (cfilsfil)"
Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] Handling same SID mapped to different prefixes and vice
versa cases

BTW, draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-extensions does not explicitly state
whether this is allowed or not (to advertise Special Purpose MPLS labels (aka
Reserved labels)). My personal reading is that since this is not forbidden,
then this is allowed.
[Pushpasis] That is exactly what I (and probably Imtiyaz too) wanted the
authors to confirm and if possible explicitly spell out in the next version (we
expect that draft should specifically spell out that same node-sid can be
associated with multiple prefixes originated by the same node.. But not with
same or different prefixes originated from different nodes). Otherwise
implementations may interpret this in other way and expect all prefixes (even
originated  by the same node) to have separate index associated and if they
receive two or more prefixes form same node with same index they might throw
and error and not install the label push for the rest of the prefixes (i.e.
program it for only the first prefix learnt).

Thanks
-Pushpasis