On Oct 7, 2015, at 3:57 PM, Pushpasis Sarkar
<psar...@juniper.net<mailto:psar...@juniper.net>> wrote:

Hi Robert,

From: <rras...@gmail.com<mailto:rras...@gmail.com>> on behalf of Robert Raszuk
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 4:50 PM
To: Pushpasis Sarkar
Cc: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)", Hannes Gredler,
"spring@ietf.org<mailto:spring@ietf.org>", Isis-wg, "Clarence Filsfils
(cfilsfil)"
Subject: Re: [spring] [Isis-wg] Handling same SID mapped to different prefixes
and vice versa cases

Hi Pushpasis
​,

[Pushpasis] No. I seem to be repeating myself. But your suggestion of recursing
will result in tunnelling traffic destined for all prefixes originated (not
only loopback addresses) though MPLS. Operator may not like/want this. So
associating the sid-index with the loopback address with a specific address
provides flexibility in picking which prefixes should be tunneled and which
ones need not.

​I do not quite agree with your above statement. Clearly you are thinking in
terms how traditional MPLS router with perhaps specific implementation resolves
paths and building forwarding tables in MPLS domain.

Let's observe that Segment Routing imposition may but not necessarily must use
the same imposition algorithm/mechanism.

​I can easily see a case at ingress where only carefully selected by operator
subset of prefixes originated by exit X will be MPLS segment routed in the
given domain. Rest may be native switched or IP tunneled/encapsulated.
[Pushpasis] That is exactly what I was saying that such usecase will not be
possible if we follow Stefano’s suggestion. As per his suggestion (at least
that is what I understood so far)… The exit X will associate node-sid with only
one loopback prefix.. And then ingress should automatically use the single
node-sid for tunneling traffic for all prefixes originated by exit X..

this is not what I suggested.

Again, sorry to repeat myself:

You decide on a per-prefix base,  which node-sid of the originator you want to
use (if any).

This gives you all the flexibility to:
. group prefixes on different node-sids or
. use the same node-sid or
. use the prefix-prefix-sid

whatever combination you need.

s.

And I am trying to say that will not provide the operator to pick a subset of
prefixes.. If the ingress uses tunelling only for prefixes with which a index
is associated, then the operators will have that choice..

As examples that can be accomplished by controller driven ingress map or use
multiple next hops (the case where you propagate by BGP).
[Pushpasis] I did not get this usecase much. But I think we maybe saying the
same thing.

Thanks
-Pushpasis

Cheers,