Hi Eric,

On 11/17/15, 12:15 PM, "Eric C Rosen" <ero...@juniper.net> wrote:

>On 11/17/2015 10:31 AM, Stefano Previdi (sprevidi) wrote:
>> to me it makes sense to advertise the SRGB along with ANY prefix
>> originated by that node, regardless the mask-length.
>
>But in that case, you don't know who the originator node is.  Could you
>explain to me how you use an SRGB when you don't know the node to which
>it belongs?

The use cases I came up with could definitely be accomplished with either
an additional label or recursive resolution through the Node-SID. However,
it still may be simpler operationally to advertise a Global Prefix-SID for
a locally attached subnet comprised of nodes offering a particular
service.

With respect to the Originator SRGB, I never could fully appreciate the
advantages of advertising it. If you advertise an Originator SRGB, it
implies that there nodes with differing SRGBs in the BGP Routing Domain.
If this is the case, there is a very good chance that nodes receiving the
Prefix-SID Attribute with the Originator SRGB will not have the same SRGB
and will not have the Originator-SRGB[label-index] label available for
local allocation. I can’t really see what different it makes whether or
not it is a host prefix or whether you can ascertain the node to which the
SRGB belongs. It seems that the key constraint is that the label-index and
the SRGB came from the same node and this is always the case.

Thanks,
Acee