Dear Ron,

The IETF is not writing de jure standards.
In fact reality is quite different, and the Internet evolves the way it does
somewhat independently of what documents the IETF produces.
In fact I know of no networking products (or deployments) that follow the
intent and spirit of RFC8200. I challenge to point me to one! ;-)

Let me quote Tony Li's response to Fernando's escalation email to the
architecture list:

"The fact of the matter is that the IETF is completely helpless to prevent such
things.
True, it can block standardization, but if the market wants it, the market will
drive it
and all that the IETF does is to make itself irrelevant to the process."

My suggestion to Fernando was to argue the issues on technical merit.
Can you please explain why you don't do that?

- Does it break end to end transparency?
- Can end host protect their traffic with encryption or do the proposed
mechanisms break that?
- How is PMTUD, ICMP errors, AH being handled?
- Does it break intereroperability?

Best regards,
Ole