Joel,

> Part of the reason we write restrictions and requirements into RFCs is so
> that we do not have to repeat the arguments.
>
> If the proponents of the insertion have arguments for why it is now okay,
> they need to make those arguments.  And they need to make sure that the
> discussion is taken to the relevant working groups.  The burden should not be
> on those who are asking that attention be paid to existing RFCs.

As far as I know, but I'm trying to stay away from the actual proposals and
argue this generally, no-one is proposing to update the RFC8200 header
insertion text.
What people are proposing are for specific domains. And given that, I believe
people need to argue the technical merits of those specific proposals.
As opposed to throwing the "law book" around.

Best regards,
Ole