Hi,

Ok but this extra insertion is just one of possible SR applications and has
no bearing on SRv6 architecture and all other SRv6 documents running via
various stages of IETF process like number of folks are voicing on the list
just to mud the waters.

There is valid problem statement presented in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-voyer-6man-extension-header-insertion-06 and
if approved and processed via IETF it will update RFC8200.

If IETF decides that FRR is not needed for IPv6 packets that is fine. If WG
decides that this use case is valid but for IPv6 purity requires new EH
type I guess authors will take that feedback and discuss internally.

Cheers
Robert.