Hi Brian,

> the first discussion should be whether we (as a community) believe we
should
> standardise features that only work within a specified domain, or
continue with
> the assumption that standardised features must work across the open
Internet.

Indeed I agree.

Just to rephrase the question:

Is IPv6 to be used only as end to end host to host protocol or should IPv6
also be used as transport protocol natively in the networks.

Solid deployments prove it can be used for both. Many people think it can
and should be used for both.

But if there is solid IETF formal statement that it is *only* to be used as
end to end host protocol then we should really start putting more work into
other encapsulations which will allow to simply transport IPv6 datagrams as
payload or alternatively industry will seek other standards to conitinue
work on IPv6 as transport protocol. Just imagine how it can be called ...
IPv6+ :)

Many thx,
R.