Robert,
On 11-Dec-19 21:29, Robert Raszuk wrote:

> RFC 2473
>
> Quotes have been already provided to the lists.
>
> When encapsulating a packet I can put whatever EH is defined and when
> decapsulating the packet I can remove any EH I inserted before. I "own" the
> new IPv6 header. Very simple. It is like taking the cars on a ferry.
>
> Your original packet (call it end to end ... call it original src going to
> final/ultimate destination) is just a payload.
>
> I can not believe that anyone can not grasp such basic concept.

I think everyone grasps it. I think the problem is that the SRH proponents
use the word "insert" a little ambiguously. In IPv6-land, it's been assumed
to mean "insert an SRH header in the middle of an existing IPv6 packet header".
I suspect that in SRH-land, and in the IPv6 data plane context, it's mainly
being used to mean "encapsulate an IPv6 packet in a new IPv6 packet that
includes
an SRH header." And in the MPLS data plane context it means "prepend an
additional
MPLS label."

Right or wrong?

   Brian