Hi Bruno,

>> Wait, what?!  There is no "we needed to advance this document" in the IETF
>> or any other consensus based forum...
>
> By advance this document, I meant start the WG LC. Which is about collecting
> comments on the document.

I think you are confused. This document has been in WG LC since December… I
think many of us read "advance this document" as "declare consensus on WG LC".

> The situation is that there was and is a single chair. I'm personally ok to
> not proceed with any adoption call or last call while there is no other
> co-chair. Note that my AD never asked for this.

I'm glad you confirm that no consensus has been declared. That seems the
appropriate state at the moment.

>> Based on the discussions on the mailing list (including questions on why PSP
>> is so important that we can't take it out for now which have never been
>> clearly answered by the authors) I can't see you can possibly declare
>> consensus.
>>
>> If there is going to be an appeal I will certainly put my signature on it.
>
> This is you right to appeal to the IESG.

Now that we know that consensus hasn't been declared and the document is still
in LC I think appealing would be premature :)

> Note that appealing to the IESG is exactly what I'm proposing to do with
> regards to the reading of RFC 8200.

Getting that feedback would indeed be helpful.

Cheers!
Sander