Guys,

What you are really saying here is that the concept of using network
programmability should be killed and we should get stuck for decades to
come with closed domains only innovation.

I find it quite disturbing especially as we are talking about *Internet*
Engineering Task Force produced standards here.

Yes it has been derailed {not to say hijacked} into standardization of
private extensions for various protocols which are limited to closed
domains as the technology of new forwarding paradigm called MPLS simply by
design was not applicable to be deployed in the open Internet. But that
should not mean we should get stuck with this till new generation
understands mistakes made and moves forward,

It is obvious that those who invested heavily in MPLS will fight to protect
it no matter what. But new technologies and services are being deployed
over SRv6 using native IPv6 dataplane. Examples are mobile nodes which move
from network to network.

Is this closed domain - no by any means. Is it working today - yes pretty
well.

So proposing a new ethertype for SRv6 today seems to be comparable to
putting a stick into the wheels of a cool bicycle starting to gain speed.

Respectfully to all td-srv6 authors and cheerleaders,
Robert