Bob Hinden <bob.hin...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Suresh,

    > The prefix allocated in draft-ietf-6man-sids is not required to be
    > used.  For example, from the Abstract:

    >     This document allocates and makes a dedicated prefix available for
    > SRv6 SIDs.

    > There is not a MUST be used.

Similiarly, you don't have to run telnet on port 23.

But, a tool could well assume traffic on port 23 is telnet, and traffic to
the 6man-sids allocation is SRv6.  If someone has used a different
port/address, then they can tell the tool that.

(Why is the 5f00::/16 in the document, if that's not allocated?  I'd expect
the document to say TBD)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )