It can be a killer. I'm looking at a job where 135 ESFR sprinklers
may have to be relocated around obstructions. All new
At 01:07 PM 7/2/2007, you wrote:
Only new heads shall be used.
I'm not looking it up, but I doubt there's much reading between the lines on
this one. Despite that, a friend who's on #13 told me (and maybe on the
Forum, don't recall, hence he remains unnamed here) he knows better but
cannot compete in his market if he didn't re-use them as you want to- and
maybe (until a lawsuit) it's a local tradition sort of thing.
In this case, it looks like the AHJ is enforcing the code, and I don't know
where to find a leg to stand on that would hold up to the inevitable
question "what didn't you understand about only new heads shall be used?".
glc
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles
Thurston
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 12:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Remodel Jobs
Hello sprinklerforum,
Minor debate with an AHJ over reusing heads in a space that is
remodeling. 6.2.1 Will only allow new heads to be installed. I know
about removing the head reducer from the pipe and putting back on a
new pipe to move a head, But these are 401 style and the reducer is
covered by the cup. IS there anything in NFPA13 to allow reuse of
heads when a space is remodeled ?
--
Best regards,
Charles mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Coastal Fire Protection
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)