I just got a return email from Mr. Patton. He is going to send me a copy of his report on the 35 cent design. I will disseminate what I learn from it to the forum in a couple of weeks. I am imagining thousands of water balloons tied to the ceiling, but I think the labor for that might exceed 35 cents per square foot.
Paul J. Pinigis, P.E. Chief Life Safety Engineer -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Leyton Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:26 PM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Wow If you're talking about Richard "Dick" Patton, I didn't know he was selling kitchen hood systems. I just thought he was a loony. I kinda' like conspiracy theorists though. You can usually "un-piece" their strategy by disconnecting the "facts" that are strung together to form their theory. Dick says he designed a 1.2 million s.f. medical center for 35 cents per s.f. I think we can pretty much stop reading right there. There is a troubling aspect to seeing this guy's rantings in print however, and that is that people who would seize any idea that they think would make sprinklers cheaper (i.e. the NAHB, for ex.) will give him a venue and an audience. Our good friend, the late Bob Caputo and my SoCal buddy Ken Wagoner have both had their day with this fellow and they came out of the experience with anger issues and a foul odor about them. Steve Leyton Protection Design & Consulting -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Cabral Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:34 AM To: [email protected] Cc: Matt Willis Subject: Re: Wow This guy is selling Fire Extinguisher. Kitchen Fire Suppression Systems. . . his answer to the US Fire problem. Talk about self serving. . . -- Mike Cabral ---- Matt Willis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > http://www.expertclick.com/NewsReleaseWire/default.cfm?Action=ReleaseDet > ail&ID=18844 > > > What a way to start the day... > > > > Matthew J. Willis > Living Water Fire Protection, LLC. > 1160 McKenzie Rd. > PO Box 877 > Cantonment, FL. 32533 > 850-937-1850 Voice > 850-937-1852 Facsimile > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > _______________________________________________ > Sprinklerforum mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum > > To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
