I have a hexagonical building that has branch lines gridded around the
hexagon.  When considering my zone-of-influence for the sway bracing do I
need to consider the complete force of the branch line, which is a
hexagonical circle as it were, or do I just consider the branch line up to
the first change of direction in the hexagon?  

I don't see how the horizontal force from across the building is going to
impact the main when the force would be passing through 3 changes of
direction with each change of direction having a swing joint.

So, I guess that my question is, when I sway brace the main do I consider
the load of the branch line up to the fist change of direction, or do I
consider the entire load around the building?  There is no secondary grid
main, since the primary main acts as both.


Bob Knight, CET
(208) 318-3057
[email protected]
www.firebyknight.com


No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.18/1935 - Release Date: 02/04/09
16:35:00

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to