These are NFPA 13 guidelines I'm talking about here. Am I reading them correctly? Maybe I should be more specific... I need to provide the NFPA 13 hanging requirements for them to decide how close my hangers need to be spaced per structural terra cotta "pull tests". I need to know which # to give them..... is it 5x's the weight of the water-filled pipe, + 250lbs. OR 1x water-filled pipe + 250lb.
________________________________ From: Forest Wilson <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 3:27:17 PM Subject: Re: Hangers vs. structure to hang from That is the role of the Structural Engineer? And the Fire Sprinkler Layout Technician is not qualified to perform this. ------Original Message------ From: Jessica Lutz Sender: [email protected] To: [email protected] ReplyTo: [email protected] Subject: Hangers vs. structure to hang from Sent: Apr 10, 2009 3:23 PM Can anyone tell me WHY there is a 5x safety factor for hanger loading, BUT not for the point of connection to the structure?? It seems to me these requirements should be the same. What good is the upsized load for the hanger, if the structure can't hold the hanger!? (NFPA 2007 sec. 9.1.1.2(1) vs. 9.2.1.3.1) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected] To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) Forest Wilson _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected] To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected] To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
