I would give them the "Actual" weight of the water filled pipe, and just note that your hanger materials shall be in accordance with chapter 9 NFPA 13. The structural safety factors and point loads are the structural engineers responsibility.
Just a adjunct to your question, Why do we have to allow the weight of the pipe + 250# (Weight of average fitter?) to our loads, when OSHA doesn't allow tie off to anything but the structure, and that has to handle impact loads of over 3000#? Isn't someone just as likely to tie off to a 1/2" insulated copper water line as to our pipe, if they're not following OSHA to begin with? Thom McMahon, SET Firetech, Inc. 2560 Copper Ridge Dr P.O. Box 882136 Steamboat Springs, CO 80488 Tel: 970-879-7952 Fax: 970-879-7926 -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jessica Lutz Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 1:32 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: Hangers vs. structure to hang from These are NFPA 13 guidelines I'm talking about here. Am I reading them correctly? Maybe I should be more specific... I need to provide the NFPA 13 hanging requirements for them to decide how close my hangers need to be spaced per structural terra cotta "pull tests". I need to know which # to give them..... is it 5x's the weight of the water-filled pipe, + 250lbs. OR 1x water-filled pipe + 250lb. _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected] To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
