From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of John
Drucker
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:32 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: FW: Chewable topic.....Omegas

While we're sharing jurisdiction info,

As adopted by the NJ Uniform Fire Code, N.J.A.C. 5:70-3, 901.9 & 901.6.2

901.9 Recall of fire protection components.
Any fire protection system component regulated by this code that is the
subject of a voluntary or mandatory recall under federal law shall be
replaced with approved, listed components in compliance with the
referenced
standards of this code. The fire code official shall be notified in
writing
by the building owner when the recalled component parts have been
replaced.

901.6.2 Records.
Records of all system inspections, tests and maintenance required by the
referenced standards shall be maintained on the premises for a minimum
of
three years and shall be copied to the fire code official upon request.

John Drucker, CET
Fire Protection Subcode Official
Fire/Building/Electrical Inspector
Fire Marshals Office