For what it's worth:

I believe that we can level the playing field considerably by incorporating the
below-listed into our work routines:

1. A concise scope of work referenced in insp agmt or insp work order that
clarifies what we are and are not doing;
2. Clear work instructions on how to complete forms when noting repair items,
and separate instructions for noting  installation code observations;
3. Inspection forms that limit potential for non-25 observations and reiterate
that service performed is not a design evaluation (show that this can be
accomplished separately from the insp svc). .
4. Work instructions that direct actions to be taken when repairs are noted,
installation code observations are noted, or impairments are found.
I have some samples if anyone wants to explore this further; drop me a note and
I'll try to get something to you.

Thanks,

Mobile message from
Paul Johnson