Having trouble finding the required alarm points and water levels for tank
water supplies.  Is monitoring of tank level even required?  I have 10% low
water alarm in my head but can't source it.  Is it a rule of thumb?  Is it
10% below tank capacity or 10% below minimal required amount of water?  Many
tanks are actually a bit bigger than theoretically necessary.  Unless I'm
missing it in NFPA 22 it appears only a gauge is required.   I know auto
refill is not required.  NFPA 25 doesn't help, it clearly suggests some
tanks have monitoring thus a quarterly insp. some don't and a monthly.  So
if it's just a gauge we are apparently relying on someone actually looking
at it and getting it refilled sometime before the fire starts hopefully?  

 

Chris Cahill, P.E.

Fire Protection Engineer

Sentry Fire Protection, Inc.

 

763-658-4483

763-658-4921 fax

 

Email: [email protected]

 

Mail: P.O. Box 69

        Waverly, MN 55390

 

Location: 4439 Hwy 12 SW

              Waverly, MN 55390

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to