From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Eladio N.
Alvarado
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 9:31 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Electrical Rooms

Happy New Year to all!!

I know that we have previously discussed Electrical Equipment rooms, and that
the general consensus is that there is nothing in NFPA 13 that prohibits
sprinkler pipe, be it mains and/or branch lines from entering the room, as long
as it doesn't violate the require perimeter area of the particular equipment.
Now my question is; is there a technical interpretation from NFPA 13 that
explains this, and that someone in the forum may be aware of? I could really
use this info to nail this subject closed with the EOR.

Thanks in advanced,

Eladio Alvarado
AFSDII