Hi Bill,

Roland and Steve and everybody are so very right...  we have a few great books 
and plans at the Academy and we are ALWAYS interested in adding to our library.

 

In fact, this is a great place to thank Chris Dubay for his recent 
contributions to the Academy's library.  He sent along a great reproduction of 
the 1896 edition of NFPA 13 and some great resource material specifically for 
our library.

 

We have a 1917 edition of NFPA 14, a 1905 textbook on fire pumps that includes 
the original NFPA 20 in it.  We have a 1911 sprinkler plan on the cloth vellum. 
 We also have an 1894 Grinnell Sprinkler Head.  We are lucky enough to have a 
Grinnell Engineer's Handbook from 1957 (the old leather bound 4x6 flip book).   
We have an early 1950's estimating handbook from a General Automatic branch in 
Carolina.  And as I have stated before, we were fortunate enough to recieve 
some FM data and other engineering textbooks from Cal Morrow as he retired in 
1990. The Carolinas Chapter has given technical awards in his honor. 

 

It all stems from my being a sprinkler geek and I suppose there isn't much I 
can do about that.  

 

One item though..... please note the correct contact info for the Academy 
below.  Our next 5 week, online calc class begins next week!  ;)

 

Thanks for all of your support out there in the real world!  


See ya,


Cecil Bilbo 
Academy of Fire Sprinkler Technology
Champaign, IL
217-363-2460
www.sprinkleracademy.com

send email to [email protected] 


 
> Subject: RE: Mansions in the Sky (No Place for NFPA Standards)
> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:46:18 -0800
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> 
> Get in touch with Cecil Bilbo at the new Academy of Fire Sprinkler
> Technology; they might need additional copies of stuff, or want to add
> materials they don't yet have. 
> 
> (217) 398-9533 x243 / [email protected] 
> 
> Steve Leyton
> Protection Design & Consulting
> San Diego, CA
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected]
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bill
> Brooks
> Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:28 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Mansions in the Sky (No Place for NFPA Standards)
> 
> Someday when I head up to my big mansion in the sky (hopefully my
> destination) I'm hoping the 13D system is in place. My assumption is
> that
> all of the residences are new because once you move in you don't move
> out.
> Thankfully I did not have to leave this earthly realm before the
> adoption of
> the 2009 IRC.
> 
> Here's the situation. I have a lot of reference material that I've
> accumulated over the years, and I'd like to know how to get rid of all
> of it
> when that time comes. I know my wife may put it into the back of the
> big
> Land Rover SUV she's always wanted but that I've insisted uses too much
> gasoline and is too expensive to repair and haul it all off to the Anne
> Arundel County landfill where it's free dumping for county residents.
> 
> What do the rest of you plan to do with all of your reference material?
> Where would be a good place to donate mine? Although my wife would
> prefer I
> take it with me, I don't believe that's possible.
> 
> Bill Brooks
> 
> William N. Brooks, P.E.
> Brooks Fire Protection Engineering Inc.
> 372 Wilett Drive
> Severna Park, MD 21146-1904
> 410-544-3620
> 410-544-3032 FAX
> 412-400-6528 Cell
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
> 
> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
> 
> To Unsubscribe, send an email
> to:[email protected]
> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
> 
> 
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 4828 (20100202) __________
> 
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
> 
> http://www.eset.com
> 
> 
> 
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 4828 (20100202) __________
> 
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
> 
> http://www.eset.com
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
> 
> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
> 
> To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
                                          
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to