The air flow over the surface impacts how quickly the link or car
heats up but not how hot it gets since that is a function of the
exposing temperature.  We could dug up the old heat transfer equation
for convection but I don't think many really want to go that far.
Naturally there is an exception and that is unless you are going
really really fast - eg space shuttle reentering the atmosphere.

Roland